We’ve heard of many diets over the years, but the one we’re talking about today is probably one of the weirdest. This is the Baby Food diet, very fashionable especially in the United States, where some stars have tried it and made it known.
It’s a diet that actress Jennifer Aniston reportedly used to lose 7 pounds in a week while filming the movie.just do it” and actress Reese Witherspoon also followed her.
What does it consist on ? Mchange baby foods that should replace breakfast, lunch and snacks for three days. Only at dinner can you eat a “normal” or more age-appropriate meal. This way, according to those who have tried it, you can easily lose 3 kg.
How does it work
The principle of this diet is that small portions of food, such as baby food, are able to reduce our daily calorie intake. In addition, since baby food is not particularly tasty, it pushes us to limit our consumption even more.
An example of a daily diet?
- Breakfast: 5 jars of baby food
- Lunch: 5 jars of baby food
- Afternoon snack: 2 jars of baby food
- Dinner: standard
- Evening snack: 2 jars of baby food
In theory, it’s possible to get most of the essential nutrients by following this diet, given that some baby foods consist of pureed fruits and vegetables, while others are high in protein or made from Whole grains.
Experts say that in most cases following this diet for three days does not hurt but, at the same time, it is not very effective and – in the long term – could lead to nutritional deficiencies, because we eat below their caloric needs.
However, it has advantages:
- Rich in fruits and vegetables
- Low in sodium
- Low fat
- No preparation required (just open a jar and eat)
But there are other disadvantages:
- Too restrictive: lacks the calories and nutrients needed to sustain an adult body over the long term
- Does not fill: most baby foods are low in protein and fiber, so you might end up feeling hungry right from the start.
- Low fiber content: compared to those obtained from fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains
- Dear : baby food is expensive considering the price per serving
- Large variation in calories between brands: each homogenized product has calories ranging from approximately 20 to 120. So eating 14 jars could provide a calorie intake of 280 to 1,680 calories!
The problem, as is often the case in these cases – and the baby diet is no exception – is that this diet can actually help with short-term weight loss, but it is difficult to follow. over long periods.
It is also unbalanced and, even more serious, it does not teach a correct eating style which, stabilizing over time, can help us reach our target weight but also ensure our well-being and our health.
Leave a Comment