Have you recently bought green bean or potato baby jars? Caution ! Since Tuesday, November 29, six references have been the subject of a massive recall throughout France due to a nitrate level higher than that authorized.
What references of baby food jars are recalled?
These are small jars of organic green bean and green bean/potato purees marketed throughout France at Auchan, Carrefour, Casino, Cora, Intermarché and Leclerc:
- Jar Green Beans 4 months, 2 x 120 g, Auchan Baby Biosold at Auchan and other brands selling Auchan products between May 23 and November 30, 2022 (GTIN code: 3596710474967/Lot: F123/Date of minimum durability 03/05/2023);
- Jar of green beans and potatoes, 2 x 120 g, My Carrefour Baby Biosold at Carrefour between May 20 and November 30, 2022 (GTIN Code: 3560071206307/Date of minimum durability 05/03/2023 or 05/25/2023 or 05/26/2023);
- Organic Green Bean Potato Bowl, 2 x 120 g, Les Tilapins de Casino, sold at Casino, Vival, Spar and Casino distribution networks, between May 24 and November 29, 2022 (GTIN: 3222477756472 / Lot: F126 / Minimum durability date 05/06/2023);
- Green bean and potato purée, 2 x 120 g, Nature Bio, sold at Cora between June 20 and November 23, 2022 (GTIN code: 3257987232901/Date of minimum durability 06/05/2023);
- Jar of green beans 2 x 120 g, Pommette Bio, sold at Intermarché between June 8 and November 25, 2022 (GTIN Code: 3250392589998 / Lot: F126 / Date of minimum durability 06/05/2023 and GTIN Code: 3250392589998 / Lot: F145 / Date of minimum durability 25/05/2023);
- Green bean and potato bowl, 2 x 120 g, Bio Village Bébé, sold at E.Leclerc between May 3 and November 25, 2022 (GTIN Code: 3564707149785/Best before date 03/23/2023; GTIN Code: 3564707149785/Best before date 03/05/2023 and GTIN Code: 3564707149785/Best before date 25 /05/2023).
What are the risks ?
Whether “Nitrates are naturally present in the environment and especially in vegetables”, “This substance could present a health risk in the event of significant and repeated consumption”, warns the government site RappelConso. In infants, a diet too rich in nitrates can lead to methemoglobinemia. This blood disease, known as blue baby syndrome, prevents red blood cells from properly transporting oxygen to cells, says the site Pourquoidocteur.fr.
What if you bought these baby potties?
The government site RappelConso recommends that parents who own these products no longer consume them and return them to the store where they bought them to obtain an exchange or a refund.
Several brands affected by the recall are also available to answer your questions. You can reach Carrefour consumer service on 0 805 900 023 from Monday to Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (non-surcharged call) and Auchan customer service on 03 59 30 59 30.
Leave a Comment