Teething: at what age?
The first tooth is eagerly awaited… more by the parents than by the child! For them, this is a great first, a source of great pride! ” The teething can start very early: from the age of three monthssays Dr Antoine Demonceaux, homeopathic general practitioner, or very late after a year or even eighteen months. »
Baby teeth calendar
Each child is unique, so there is no ‘exact age’ of baby teeth erupting. However, here is a benchmark.
The lower jaw
- Between 6 and 10 months : the central incisors.
- Between 7 and 16 months : the lateral incisors.
- Between 12 and 18 months : the first molars.
- Between 16 and 23 months : the canines.
- Between 20 and 31 months : the second molars.
The upper jaw
- Between 7 and 12 months : the central incisors.
- Between 9 and 13 months : the lateral incisors.
- Between 13 and 19 months : the first molars.
- Between 16 and 22 months : the canines.
- Between 25 and 33 months : the second molars.
The pain of teething
The teething do not go unnoticed! Coming out of the teeth hurts the baby. What hurts? The explanations of Dr. Demonceaux.
- The exit of the tooth at the gum level which causes local inflammation.
- The canines and the premolars, the biggest teeth of the child, cause throbbing bone pains going up to the ears. These pains can be compared to those of wisdom teeth in adults.
- The canines are the teeth that cause the most pain when they come out.
- Premolars and molars are more painful when coming in than when coming out.
Teething: what symptoms?
How do you know if your baby is ‘teething out’? It’s simple. Here are 7 telling signs:
- He chews everything he finds : his rattle, his fingers… Why is he doing this? “By chewing, it compresses the sensory nerves located in the gums, which has an anesthetic effect.explains the homeopathic general practitioner.
- He drools a lot : ” them teething trigger reactions at the salivary level”, says Dr. Demonceaux.
- He has a fever : the thermometer can display 39°C – 40°C. ” It’s about a oscillating fever (going up and down) characteristic of an inflammatory fever”, informs the doctor. Good to know: it is different from infectious fever which remains on the plateau.
- Difficulty eating due to pain: “you have to split meals up to 5 per day, offer snacks in the morning, afternoon”, recommends the homeopath.
- Circumoral inflammation : it is due to the acidity of the gums caused by inflammation. “To avoid the risk of impetigo, dab at the level of the perioral inflammation and rinse with water using a compress and monitor that it does not become infected”advises Dr. Demonceaux.
- Green diarrhea with inflammation of the buttocks : “ This diaper rash must be treated by protecting the baby’s red buttocks with a poultice cream, such as Mitosyl, advises the homeopathic doctor. On the other hand, it is not recommended to use talc, because there is a risk of maceration. » Ideally, the toddler’s buttocks should be left in the open air, watching to avoid any disaster!
- A grumpy baby : “ particularly at the end of the afternoon, because the toddler is exhausted by the pain and because at the end of the day there is a drop in the anti-inflammatory hormone cortisol”inform the doctor.
What relieves teething pain?
“In homeopathy, there are two basic medicines against inflammation and fever.
“If the symptoms are moderate, give the toddler 5 pellets in 9 CH, 2 to 3 times a dayadvises the homeopathic doctor; if the symptoms are important, prefer Belladonna in 15 CH. »
“In 9 CH or 15 CH, this homeopathic remedy is to be given between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. to fight against pain, then at bedtime”recommends the homeopathic doctor.
“In 9 CH twice a day, it will be effective for children who clench their teeth very hard and whose pain radiates to the ears”, says the homeopathic doctor.
Doliprane for teething?
To relieve teething, you have to go crescendo in treatments. “If homeopathic remedies are insufficient and the pain is too great, paracetamol should be given to the child, especially in the evening so that he has a good night’s sleep”says Dr. Demonceaux.
What homeopathy for baby teething?
Besides the homeopathic remedies base intended to relieve the teething of the toddler, there are other homeopathic medicines which targets specific symptoms. Here is the prescription proposed by Dr. Antoine Demonceaux, homeopathic general practitioner.
Calm dental flare-ups
- Baby drools a lot and has circumoral inflammation : Mercurius Corrosivus in 9 CH, once a day, at any time of the day. Repeat until the child is better. Generally, improvement is seen within 48 hours.
- Baby has red bottom : Croton Tiglium 9 CH, once a day until improvement. You can add Meddorhinum 15 CH, once a day for 2 or 3 days maximum.
- Baby has sour and green diarrhea as if he had eaten unripe fruit: Rheum officinalis 5 CH, twice a day for 2 to 3 days.
“From the age of 4 months, an infant can suck homeopathic pellets, reassures the homeopathic doctor. Just put them on her lower lip. » But you can also give them after having melted them in a little water or integrate them directly into their bottle of milk, provided you do not heat the latter.
Leave a Comment